Posted to users@maven.apache.org by VerRaf <ve...@PITAGORA.IT> on 2009/05/28 15:19:51 UTC

How to compile a project with minimal version of only the first level dependency

Hi all,
I would like to compile my project with the minimal version of only the
first level dependency

for example if I have in my pom

 (1)<dependency>
      <groupId>org.codehaus.plexus</groupId>
      <artifactId>plexus-container-default</artifactId>
      <version>[1.0-SNAPSHOT,)</version>
     </dependency>

I would like to compile with an artifact in range

(2) <dependency>
      <groupId>org.codehaus.plexus</groupId>
      <artifactId>plexus-container-default</artifactId>
      <version>[1.0-SNAPSHOT,1.0]</version>
     </dependency>

this only for first level dependency without have a transitive dependency
resolution (because I could have an error like "The artifact has no valid
ranges" if someone have the same dependency in different range).

If I use the project.getDependencyArtifacts() method on a modified pom with
dependency like (2), maven resolve transitively the dependency and then
filter the first level.
This cause the "The artifact has no valid ranges" error.
I want to have resolved only the first level dependency to create my own
classpath.

Can anyone help me?

Kind Regards,
Raffaele