Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Red Mike <re...@yahoo.com> on 2000/03/15 16:33:05 UTC

running apache and tomcat on different machine

Hello, there,
I installed apache 1.3.12 and tomcat 3.1 on linux
2214.
It works. Now it is time to move tomcat to another
machine to increase speed. The way I looked at the
conf file. it is posible to do this.
However, I am wondering if somebody has tested it.
if so, if there is any getcha, please share with me
before I do it.
Thank you very much!
Mike

http://im.yahoo.com

Re: running apache and tomcat on different machine

Posted by Jean-Luc Rochat <jn...@cybercable.fr>.
Red Mike wrote:

> Hello, there,
> I installed apache 1.3.12 and tomcat 3.1 on linux
> 2214.
> It works. Now it is time to move tomcat to another
> machine to increase speed. The way I looked at the
> conf file. it is posible to do this.
> However, I am wondering if somebody has tested it.
> if so, if there is any getcha, please share with me
> before I do it.
> Thank you very much!
> Mike

No. This was working for JServ, I can't see any problem with Tomcat.
You have also the choice to load-balance between N Tomcats on different
machines.

Jean-Luc