Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Marlow, Andrew" <An...@fisglobal.com.INVALID> on 2019/06/27 07:09:41 UTC

the surefire maven plugin and codehaus

Hello everyone,

As we know, codehaus went dark some time ago, March 2015 in fact (see https://www.javaworld.com/.../codehaus-the-once-great-house-of-code-has-fallen.html ) . I just found out that the maven surefire plugin uses codehaus components such as mojo. This works at the moment because there are so many maven repos that contain the jar+pom+sha, so dependency resolution all works and we can all build and run our unit tests. However, isn't anyone bothered by the fact that the plugin is using a dead component? What about projects that need the source for legal reasons (e.g. the source is often where the license is). What are the plans please?

Andrew Marlow
Consultant developer, Apex
38th Floor, 25 Canada Square,
Canary Wharf, London E14 5LQ
T:  020-8081-2367 / 07966-451-521
E: andrew.marlow@fisglobal.com<ma...@fisglobal.com>
FIS | Empowering the Financial World [cid:image001.png@01D112FA.C4A77D90] <https://www.facebook.com/FIStoday> [cid:image002.png@01D112FA.C4A77D90] <https://twitter.com/FISGlobal> [cid:image003.png@01D112FA.C4A77D90] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/fis>
FIS Apex (UK) Limited * Registered in England and Wales No. 3573008 * Registered Office: 38th floor, 25 Canada Square, London, E14 5LQ, United Kingdom
[50_3]

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and review by persons other than the intended recipient. FIS is a trading name of the following companies: Advanced Portfolio Technologies Ltd (No: 6312142) | Clear2Pay Limited (No: 5792457) | Decalog (UK) Limited (No: 2567370) | FIS Apex (International) Limited (No: 2999960) | FIS Apex (UK) Limited (No. 3573008) | FIS Consulting Services (UK) Limited (No: 2486794) | FIS Derivatives Utility Services (UK) Limited (No: 9398140) | FIS Energy Solutions Limited (No: 1889028) | FIS Global Execution Services Limited (No. 3127109) | FIS Global Trading (UK) Limited (No: 2523114) | FIS Investment Systems (UK) Limited (No: 1366010) | FIS Sherwood Systems Group Limited (No: 982833) | FIS Systems Limited (No: 1937159) | FIS Treasury Systems (Europe) Limited (No: 2624209) | FIS Treasury Systems (UK) Limited (No: 2893376) | GL Settle Limited (No: 2396127) | Integrity Treasury Solutions Europe Limited (No: 3289271) | Monis Software Limited (No: 2333925) | Reech Capital Limited (No: 3649490) | Solutions Plus Consulting Services Limited (No: 3839487) | Valuelink Information Services Limited (No: 3827424) all registered in England & Wales with their registered office at 25 Canada Square, London E14 5LQ | FIS Global Execution Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority | Certegy Card Services Limited (No: 3517639) | Certegy France Limited (No: 2557650) | eFunds International Limited (No: 1930117) | Fidelity Information Services Limited (No: 2225203) | FIS Payments (UK) Limited (No: 4215488) | Metavante Technologies Limited (No: 2659326) all registered in England & Wales with their registered office at 1st Floor Tricorn House, 51-53 Hagley Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, West Midlands, B16 8TU, United Kingdom | FIS Payments (UK) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority; some services are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (in the UK). Clear2Pay Limited, Registered in Scotland (No SC157659), Registered Office: Clear2Pay House, Pitreavie Court, Pitreavie Business Park Queensferry Rd, Dunfermline, Fife, SS, KY11 8UU, Scotland | FIS eProcess Intelligence LLC (UK Branch), UK Establishment Registered in England & Wales (No: FC16527/Branch No. BR000355), Registered Branch Office: 25 Canada Square, London, E14 5LQ; FIS eProcess Intelligence LLC is a limited liability company formed in the USA registered on file with the Office of the Delaware Secretary of State, Division of Corporations (File No. 2032143), Head Office: 601 Riverside Avenue, Jacksonville Florida, FL32204, USA | FIS Investment Systems LLC, UK Establishment Registered in England & Wales (No: FC033836/Branch No. BR018923), Registered Branch Office: 25 Canada Square, London, E14 5LQ; FIS Investment Systems LLC is a limited liability company formed in the USA registered on file with the Office of the Delaware Secretary of State, Division of Corporations (File No. 0881255), Head Office: 377 E. Butterfield Road, Suite 800, Lombard, IL 60148, USA | Calls to and from the companies may be recorded for quality purposes. | All of the named companies are part of FIS (Fidelity National Information Services, Inc.).

Re: the surefire maven plugin and codehaus

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>.
Asking Andrew. Maven is still using the old version 2.12.4 but this will be
changed, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6169

Posted by Thomas Broyer <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>.
Where do we use dependency with groupId "org.codehaus.mojo"?
Thx
Tibor

Posted by Thomas Broyer <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>.
The latest plugin is using maven-plugin-api:3.0. What version of plugin you
mean?