Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Gerry Miller <hy...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/27 20:04:55 UTC

Installation of Apache Open Office - Windows 7, 64 bit

Today, I downloaded and installed Apache Open Office

My immediate need is to open a DOCX file.

The program seemed to have installed correctly. I noticed that it was
added to my installed programs and the Apache icon was installed on
the desktop. There were no installation errors and I did click Finish

Installed program, under All Programs include

OpenOffice.org 3.4.1
OpenOffice.org  Base
OpenOffice.org Calc
OpenOffice.org  Impress
OpenOffice.org  Math
OpenOffice.org   Writer

Icons on the Desktop include OpenOffice 3.4.1 (Blue and White ball),
OpenOffice 3.4(en-US)...   and OpenOffice 3.4.1(en-U...

However when clicked or doubleclicked NONE of the programs do anything

Please advise

Gerry

Re: Installation of Apache Open Office - Windows 7, 64 bit

Posted by Peter Junge <pe...@gmx.org>.
You are already on that list. If you want to remove yourself, sent an
email to users-unsubscribe@openoffice.apache.org and follow the
instructions of the automatic reply.

Peter

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.
Shermeen Leng wrote:
> Please do not put me in the list of emails.

You would have put yourself on this mail list by subscribing.  If you
don't want to be on it you have to unsubscribe yourself.

Re: Installation of Apache Open Office - Windows 7, 64 bit

Posted by Shermeen Leng <sh...@gmail.com>.