Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by VANDROMME Elodie <el...@thalesgroup.com.INVALID> on 2021/11/05 10:35:25 UTC

Random STOMP Websocket client deconnection from Artemis

Hi !

We encounter random issue with the STOMP WebSocket connection in Artemis : sometimes the clients are disconnected of a channel, due to a ConcurrentModificationException.
As the client is not aware that it has been disconnected, it cannot reconnect and it does not received any message any more.
This issue is random but happens quite often and make our system very unstable.

1.      I logged the issue through a bug (ARTEMIS-3509<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-3509>). I do not know if this was the right thing to do.
2.      I don't know if someone can have a look on it and check if this can be fixed. Or if a workaround exists. Maybe we do not use Artemis in the good way and we could change something in our configuration or way to use it to avoid this issue.
3.      Currently, I don't know where to look to go ahead so any help would be useful.
4.
Thanks !
Elodie

Re: Random STOMP Websocket client deconnection from Artemis

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
I responded on ARTEMIS-3509 [1].

Justin

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-3509

Posted by VANDROMME Elodie <el...@thalesgroup.com.INVALID>.
Hi !

The configuration is Artemis (2.16.0) deployed in Wildfly (24.0.1.Final)

The full stacktrace is the following :
[2021-09-28 10:26:53,591] - [WILDFLY] - [WARN ] - Thread-11 ([ActiveMQ-server-org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server.impl.ActiveMQServerImpl$6@444dc7ba - [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server] : AMQ222151: removing consumer which did not handle a message, consumer=ServerConsumerImpl [id=1990, filter=null, binding=LocalQueueBinding [address=jms.topic.defended_assetFull, queue=QueueImpl[name=d1586796-2035-11ec-8d2e-00505689a76b, postOffice=PostOfficeImpl [server=ActiveMQServerImpl::serverUUID=2f00c36f-2034-11ec-8d2e-00505689a76b], temp=true]@4180826b, filter=null, name=d1586796-2035-11ec-8d2e-00505689a76b, clusterName=d1586796-2035-11ec-8d2e-00505689a76b2f00c36f-2034-11ec-8d2e-00505689a76b]], message=Reference[2019]:RELIABLE:CoreMessage[messageID=2019,durable=true,userID=d5e2d1c3-2035-11ec-8d2e-00505689a76b,priority=4, timestamp=Tue Sep 28 10:26:53 CEST 2021,expiration=0, durable=true, address=jms.topic.defended_assetFull,size=6520,properties=TypedProperties[__AMQ_CID=f9eab79a-2034-11ec-8d2e-00505689a76b,_AMQ_ROUTING_TYPE=0]]@155890432: java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

                    at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.checkForComodification(ArrayList.java:909)

                    at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.next(ArrayList.java:859)

                    at org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server.impl.RefsOperation.afterCommit(RefsOperation.java:179)

                    at org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.transaction.impl.TransactionImpl.afterCommit(TransactionImpl.java:579)

                    at org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.transaction.impl.TransactionImpl.access$100(TransactionImpl.java:40)

                    at org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.transaction.impl.TransactionImpl$2.done(TransactionImpl.java:322)

                    at org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.persistence.impl.journal.OperationContextImpl.executeOnCompletion(OperationContextImpl.java:190)

                    at org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.persistence.impl.journal.OperationContextImpl.executeOnCompletion(OperationContextImpl.java:128)

                    at org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.persistence.impl.journal.AbstractJournalStorageManager.afterCompleteOperations(AbstractJournalStorageManager.java:321)

                    at org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.transaction.impl.TransactionImpl.commit(TransactionImpl.java:313)

                    at org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.transaction.impl.TransactionImpl.commit(TransactionImpl.java:264)

                    at org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server.impl.ServerSessionImpl.commit(ServerSessionImpl.java:1284)

                    at org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.protocol.stomp.StompSession$1.run(StompSession.java:164)

                    at org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.protocol.stomp.StompSession.afterDelivery(StompSession.java:116)

                    at org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server.impl.ServerConsumerImpl.proceedDeliver(ServerConsumerImpl.java:511)

                    at org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server.impl.QueueImpl.proceedDeliver(QueueImpl.java:3744)

                    at org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server.impl.QueueImpl.deliver(QueueImpl.java:3048)

                    at org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server.impl.QueueImpl.access$2400(QueueImpl.java:125)

                    at org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server.impl.QueueImpl$DeliverRunner.run(QueueImpl.java:4119)

                    at org.apache.activemq.artemis.utils.actors.OrderedExecutor.doTask(OrderedExecutor.java:42)

                    at org.apache.activemq.artemis.utils.actors.OrderedExecutor.doTask(OrderedExecutor.java:31)

                    at org.apache.activemq.artemis.utils.actors.ProcessorBase.executePendingTasks(ProcessorBase.java:65)

                    at org.apache.activemq.artemis.utils.ActiveMQThreadFactory$1.run(ActiveMQThreadFactory.java:118)

Regards
Elodie

What is the complete exception trace including  exception trace with its line numbers.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: Random STOMP Websocket client deconnection from Artemis

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
What version of the broker ?

--
Clebert Suconic