Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Melamud, Mikhail" <Mi...@ca.com> on 2002/08/22 18:27:43 UTC

Web service name syntax

Can web service name contain special characters such as #, %,^, &,\?
For example, using deployService() method I can create Axis wsdd as
follows:
<service name="h%" provider="java:RPC">
<parameter name="methodName" value="*"/>
<parameter name="alias" value="h%Service"/>
<parameter name="scope" value="request"/>
<parameter name="className" value="wsbecho.EchoStruct"/>
</service>

 but then url /somehost/somecontext/h%?wsdl throws HTTP 400 error
url /somehost/somecontext/h%25?wsdl would not work either ('%' is
encoded here)

Shouldn't Axis deployService() throw an exception here if it's not valid
name?
Or if it's a valid web service name why my url doesn't generate wsdl?

Is any standard on What characters are allowed in Web service name?

Thanks
Mike

AW: Web service name syntax

Posted by Tom Zschaage <To...@first.fraunhofer.de>.
The % character has a special meaning in URLs therefore it should be
escaped try to call this
/somehost/somecontext/h%25?wsdl

the %25 is the escape sequence for %
however why would one use a % in a name?

Tom