Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rob Tanner <rt...@linfield.edu> on 2008/01/08 07:51:45 UTC

How Do I do (Can I do) Apache like redirects in Tomcat

Hi,

I would like to setup an HTTPS connector in Tomcat (v 5.5.23) that
listens on port 28080.  That part's easy enough and there is already a
certificate installed.

Here's the part I'm having trouble with.  Whenever a browser send a GET
request to that port, I need to return a redirect to an entirely
different server (different IP, etc) listening on port 28443.  I cannot
figure out anyway to do that.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rob

--
Rob Tanner
UNIX Services Manager

Re: How Do I do (Can I do) Apache like redirects in Tomcat

Posted by Vinu Varghese <vi...@x-minds.org>.
Implement a filter/Servlet and do a redirect there

response.sendRedirect(..);

Rob Tanner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to setup an HTTPS connector in Tomcat (v 5.5.23) that
> listens on port 28080.  That part's easy enough and there is already a
> certificate installed.
> Here's the part I'm having trouble with.  Whenever a browser send a
> GET request to that port, I need to return a redirect to an entirely
> different server (different IP, etc) listening on port 28443.  I
> cannot figure out anyway to do that.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Rob

<signature>
   <full-name> Vinu Varghese </full-name>
   <company-email> vinu@x-minds.org </company-email>
   <company-website> www.x-minds.org </company-website>
   <big-words>
    Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.
    </big-words>
   <company-name-big>
    </company-name-big>
</signature>