Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Aleksandar Vidakovic <ch...@monkeysintown.com> on 2022/02/03 18:12:03 UTC

Let's have a new release (1.6.0)...

Hi everyone,

... it has been a while since our last 1.5.0 release, and since then we've
added and updated quite a bit. Among the usual fixes and improvements we
have major dependency upgrades (Spring, Spring Boot, Jersey) and got rid of
Spring XML configuration while still maintaining 100% backwards
compatibility. I think these changes are worth a new release, so I'm
proposing to have a 1.6.0 release soon (in February) before this gets too
big.

It would be great if you could all have a look at Jira and either fix/close
the tickets associated with version 1.6 and add anything that really needs
to go into this release. Keep in mind that we'll have other patch (1.6.1,
1.6.2...) and minor releases (1.7.0....). Would be great if we can move
tickets that are not essential to a later release... just to get 1.6 out
without too much of a delay.

Please see here for the tickets currently associated with version 1.6:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-1482?jql=project%20%3D%20%22Apache%20Fineract%22%20AND%20resolution%20is%20EMPTY%20and%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.6.0%20%20ORDER%20by%20status%20DESC%2C%20priority%20DESC%2C%20updated%20DESC

If there are no objections I'd open the 1.6.0 release branch soon (at the
latest on Monday). If you need any help then please let me know.

Cheers,

Aleks

Re: Let's have a new release (1.6.0)...

Posted by Petri Tuomola <pe...@tuomola.org.INVALID>.
Hi Aleks - fully support going ahead with the release, in fact I had been
thinking this would be a good idea given a lot of major changes that have
gone in since 1.5.

Cheers
Petri

Posted by Aleksandar Vidakovic <ch...@monkeysintown.com>.