Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/03 22:22:41 UTC

Setting up Kafka with zookeeper

Hi,

In DEV, Kafka and Zookeeper services can be co- located on the same
physical hosts

In Prod moving forward do we need to set up Zookeeper on its own cluster
not sharing with Hadoop cluster? Can these services be shared within the
Hadoop cluster?

Additionally if there many topics for Kafka what would be an optimum setup
specifically with separation of hard disks

How best to set up Zookeeper that is needed for Kafka for use with Spark
Streaming?

In the diagram below

[image: Inline images 1]

there is one topic "My Topic". How would there be if you have multiple
topics. Wouk there be one set of partitions for each topic, say for two
topics there will be 6 patitions?

Thanks

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com