Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Jason Valentine <ja...@surelogic.com> on 2007/11/16 20:49:03 UTC

Possible bug in CachedPage class

Has anyone else seen this issue in the org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.CachedPage class?  In the writePage() method, there's a test of the myContainer reference to ensure it's not null (line 771), however in the else block, myContainer is dereferenced (line 836), where a NullPointerException is guaranteed to be thrown.  This is in Derby 3.1.4.

I searched through JIRA, but didn't find anything on this.  If anyone else can confirm that this is an issue, I'll put in a report on it.

Thanks,
Jason

--
Jason Valentine
SureLogic, Inc.

www.surelogic.com
Three Penn Center West, Suite 300
Pittsburgh, PA 15276
(412) 512-3918

Re: Possible bug in CachedPage class

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.
Jason Valentine <ja...@surelogic.com> writes:

> Has anyone else seen this issue in the
> org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.CachedPage class?  In the
> writePage() method, there's a test of the myContainer reference to
> ensure it's not null (line 771), however in the else block,
> myContainer is dereferenced (line 836), where a NullPointerException
> is guaranteed to be thrown.  This is in Derby 3.1.4.
>
> I searched through JIRA, but didn't find anything on this.  If anyone
> else can confirm that this is an issue, I'll put in a report on it.

Hi Jason,

It sure looks like a bug, so it would be great if you could file a
report in JIRA. Thanks for letting us know!

--
Knut Anders