Posted to dev@directmemory.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org> on 2015/07/26 04:41:41 UTC

DirectMemory moves to the Apache Attic

At the July board meeting, a resolution was passed to move
DirectMemory to the Attic.
This means that the DirectMemory developers (more formally its Project
Management Committee)
have voted to retire DirectMemory and move the responsibility for its
oversight over to the Attic project.

Loosely speaking this means that the projects resources will be moved to a
read-only state.

You can read more about the Apache Attic and the process of moving to the
Attic at http://attic.apache.org.

You can follow this process in JIRA:

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ATTIC-141

Thanks,

Hen on behalf of DirectMemory + the Attic.

Re: DirectMemory moves to the Apache Attic

Posted by Jan Kotek <di...@kotek.net>.
Hi guys,

sorry to hear this.

I work on MapDB, it is embedded database engine with in-memory store and
optional expiration. In some scenarios it is faster than heap based collections.

I would like to invite all users and developers to join my project.
It is under Apache License on Github.
We will have new stable 2.0 release in a month or so.

https://github.com/jankotek/mapdb/

Best regards,
Jan Kotek

Posted by Jan Kotek <ja...@kotek.net>.
Hi guys,

https://github.com/jankotek/mapdb/[1]

--------
[1] https://github.com/jankotek/mapdb/

Re: DirectMemory moves to the Apache Attic

Posted by Christoph Engelbert <no...@apache.org>.
Hey folks,

Posted by Christoph Engelbert <no...@apache.org>.
Hey folks,