Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Santosh Malviya <Sa...@mindtree.com> on 2011/02/25 09:34:24 UTC

Product store group

Hello list,

I have a requirement to set different price (override a price) for a product which is to be sold in different geos like Netherlands and Italy, I googled about this and found a mail, which says about product store group, but it's not implemented in OFBiz yet. I saw ProductStoreGroup and related entities but I am confused to set up product store group. Is anyone having any idea, how I can set up product store group and assign different prices?

Thanks and Regards
Santosh Malviya

________________________________

Re: Product store group

Posted by Divesh Dutta <di...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
You may also see how this model will work in calculateProductPrice service in PriceServices.java . See use of productStoreGroupId here.

Thanks
--
Divesh Dutta.

Re: Product store group

Posted by Divesh Dutta <di...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
I would say Product Store group is preferable. Its because you will have to only prepare data and OOTB code will support rest of the things for you. i.e to manage multiple prices of product for multiple product stores.

Thanks
---
Divesh Dutta.

Re: Product store group

Posted by Santosh Malviya <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Using a proxy server for usps and UPS address validation

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
just a side note, both USPS and UPS terms of use says you can't use
their service for general look up.
they watch the ratio of packages against the address requests.
I use the USPS walk route database as a service @3cents a look up

I went the route of using simple-methods like the one in
\specialpurpose\googlecheckout\script\org\ofbiz\googleCheckout\PrepareXMLTemplate.xml#connectWithRedirectHack
I am moving Java code to simple-methods.

=========================
BJ Freeman
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>
Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

skip@thedevers sent the following on 2/28/2011 9:33 AM:

Re: Product store group

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <as...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Go to:

Re: Product store group

Posted by Info Olagos <in...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

How do you create a new ProductStoreGroupType in Ofbiz?

You have to do it immediately in the database table?
or
Can you do it via the ofbiz webforms anywhere?

Regards,
Heidi

2011/2/25 Divesh Dutta <di...@hotwaxmedia.com>

> This is Quite straight forward.
>
> 1) Create new type for ProductStoreGroupType
> 2) and create new ProductStoreGroup
> 3) Create new ProductStore and give id of ProductStoreGroup created above.
> i.e associate with above created ProductStore
>
> Then create your Product and Product Price data. Now ProductPrice entity
> have productStoreGroupId. Give above created productStoreGroupId here.
> Create multiple ProductPrice data for each Product Store group to  maintain
> multiple prices.
>
> HTH
>
> Thanks
> --
> Divesh Dutta.
>
> On Feb 25, 2011, at 2:04 PM, Santosh Malviya wrote:
>
> > Hello list,
> >
> > I have a requirement to set different price (override a price) for a
> product which is to be sold in different geos like Netherlands and Italy, I
> googled about this and found a mail, which says about product store group,
> but it's not implemented in OFBiz yet. I saw ProductStoreGroup and related
> entities but I am confused to set up product store group. Is anyone having
> any idea, how I can set up product store group and assign different prices?
> >
> > Thanks and Regards
> > Santosh Malviya

> > http://www.mindtree.com/email/disclaimer.html

--