Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Kamalanathan Raman <Ka...@infosys.com> on 2007/01/04 15:53:54 UTC

NameNotFoundException -Reg

Kevan ,

Thanks kevan , now my application is running , the jars inside the
Web-inf/lib was corrupt , got it rectified . But now iam getting this
error

19:35:23,546 ERROR [ServiceLocator] Fail to find EJB home for
java:comp/env/ejb/TransactionSession

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Could not resolve abstract name
query
[Deploy_Lockbox/wlbxbiz/rc/?name=TransactionSessionEJB#org.openejb.EJBCo
ntainer] in configuration default/wlbxapp.ear/1167919492953/ear

      at
org.openejb.proxy.EJBProxyReference.getEJBProxyFactory(EJBProxyReference
.java:111)

      at
org.openejb.proxy.EJBProxyReference.getContent(EJBProxyReference.java:90
)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.naming.enc.CachingReference.resolveReference(Caching
Reference.java:55)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.naming.enc.CachingReference.get(CachingReference.jav
a:45)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.naming.enc.AbstractReadOnlyContext.lookup(AbstractRe
adOnlyContext.java:86)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.naming.java.RootContext.lookup(RootContext.java:51)

      at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)

      at
com.symcor.wlbx.util.ServiceLocator.getHome(ServiceLocator.java:163)

      at
com.symcor.wlbx.web.servlet.ReportServlet.initializeResourceLookups(Repo
rtServlet.java:907)

      at
com.symcor.wlbx.web.servlet.ReportServlet.init(ReportServlet.java:668)

      at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.jav
a:1105)

      at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:932)

      at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.j
ava:3915)

      at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4176
)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext.access$201(GeronimoSt
andardContext.java:67)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext$SystemMethodValve.inv
oke(GeronimoStandardContext.java:337)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.invoke(Geronim
oBeforeAfterValve.java:31)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext.start(GeronimoStandar
dContext.java:192)

      at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.ja
va:759)

I have one query , like iam using home and remote interface to refer to
another EJB . So how shud I put the references in geronimo-web.xml. I
have attached web.xml

<ejb-ref id="EjbRef_3">

        <ejb-ref-name>ejb/TransactionSession</ejb-ref-name>

        <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>

<home>com.symcor.wlbx.biz.ejb.transaction.TransactionSessionHome</home>

<remote>com.symcor.wlbx.biz.ejb.transaction.TransactionSession</remote>

   </ejb-ref>

How should I add the references in Geronimo-web.xml . Currently iam
adding the EJB jars in the repository and referring to it by this way

      <ejb-ref>

            <ref-name>ejb/TransactionSession</ref-name>

            <pattern>

                  <groupId>Deploy_Lockbox</groupId>

                  <artifactId>wlbxbiz</artifactId>

                  <version>rc</version>

                  <name>TransactionSessionEJB</name>

            </pattern>

      </ejb-ref>

What is the correct way to go about it. If I don`t do this iam getting "
Could not find EJB for reference ejb/AuthenticateSession having home
interface ...and remote interface...."

Can u help me out in this regard.

Thanks and Regards,

Kamal

Re: NameNotFoundException -Reg

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 4, 2007, at 9:53 AM, Kamalanathan Raman wrote:

> [...]
> home>
>

> <remote>com.symcor.wlbx.biz.ejb.transaction.TransactionSession</
> remote>
>
>    </ejb-ref>
>

> How should I add the references in Geronimo-web.xml . Currently iam
> adding the EJB jars in the repository and referring to it by this way
>

>       <ejb-ref>
>
>             <ref-name>ejb/TransactionSession</ref-name>
>
>             <pattern>
>
>                   <groupId>Deploy_Lockbox</groupId>
>
>                   <artifactId>wlbxbiz</artifactId>
>
>                   <version>rc</version>
>
>                   <name>TransactionSessionEJB</name>
>
>             </pattern>
>
>       </ejb-ref>
>

> What is the correct way to go about it. If I don`t do this iam
> getting “ Could not find EJB for reference ejb/AuthenticateSession
> having home interface …and remote interface….”

Hi Kamal,
I think you can just delete those ejb-ref's from your geronimo-
web.xml. All you need in your geronimo-web.xml is the resource-ref
for your datasource.

--kevan

Re: NameNotFoundException -Reg

Posted by Lasantha Ranaweera <la...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Kamal,

Looks like your EJB's are remotely referred ones. So better way to do it
is adding tags in to the web.xml file and geronimo-web.xml as given below.

web.xml
<ejb-ref>
<ejb-ref-name>ejb/LoanManager</ejb-ref-name>
<ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
<home>
org.apache.geronimo.samples.loan.ejb.LoanManagerHome
</home>
<remote>
org.apache.geronimo.samples.loan.ejb.LoanManager
</remote>
<ejb-link>LoanManager</ejb-link>
</ejb-ref>

geronimo-web.xml

<naming:ejb-ref>
<naming:ref-name>ejb/LoanManager</naming:ref-name>
<naming:ejb-link>LoanManager</naming:ejb-link>
</naming:ejb-ref>

For more information please refer
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/ejb-sample-application.html

Hope this help.