Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kevin Oxley <ko...@ssi-corp.com> on 2020/11/19 21:47:36 UTC

Implementing SAML 2.0 Web Browser Profile within Tomcat realms

I'm new to this forum and hopefully I'm inquiring information on the
correct email.  My company is a long time user of Tomcat for our web
application server environment running on Linux.  We currently run on
apache-tomcat-9.0.22.

We are being asked to support the SSO SAML 2.0 Web Browser Profile use case
for web app authentication. We currently have user authentication being
done locally in a custom Tomcat realms implementation.  For the customers
requiring SSO, we would like to ideally find a pre-integrated Tomcal realms
implementation that we can plug into our Tomcat deployment to allow us to
integrate quickly.  Another option is to implement a new SAML realm using
product/tools that are available.

Does Apache offer a product that would enable us to support the SAML 2.0
Web Browser Profile use case?   If so, is there sample code available to
help jump start our efforts?

Kevin