Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Andrey Yegorov <an...@datastax.com> on 2021/05/10 06:15:44 UTC

[VOTE] Release 4.14.0, release candidate #0

Hi everyone,
Please review and vote on the release candidate #0 for the version 4.14.0,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* Release notes [1]
* The official Apache source and binary distributions to be deployed to
dist.apache.org [2]
* All artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [3]
* Source code tag "release-4.14.0" [4] with git sha
4729682f00f05f23a1821211cbce064e653edb83

BookKeeper's KEYS file contains PGP keys we used to sign this release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/bookkeeper/KEYS

Please download these packages and review this release candidate:

- Review release notes
- Download the source package (verify shasum, and asc) and follow the
instructions to build and run the bookkeeper service.
- Download the binary package (verify shasum, and asc) and follow the
instructions to run the bookkeeper service.
- Review maven repo, release tag, licenses, and any other things you think
it is important to a release.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Release Manager

[1] https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/2712
https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/blob/4f88ae1bf271d025945437e8499955118000ce29/site/docs/4.14.0/overview/releaseNotes.md

[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/bookkeeper/bookkeeper-4.14.0-rc0/

[3]
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebookkeeper-1052/

[4] https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/commits/branch-4.14 @ sha 4729682

--
Andrey Yegorov

Fwd: [VOTE] Release 4.14.0, release candidate #0

Re: Re: [VOTE] Release 4.14.0, release candidate #0

Posted by Amit Chavan <ac...@gmail.com>.
I vote +1 on bookkeeper 4.14 release.
I have tested it on herddb and all unit tests run successfully.
Here is the PR for it https://github.com/diennea/herddb/pull/750

Posted by Andrey Yegorov <an...@datastax.com>.
Docker is published:
https://hub.docker.com/r/apache/bookkeeper/tags?page=1&ordering=last_updated
Python client: https://pypi.org/project/apache-bookkeeper-client/4.14.0/

I noticed that backwards-compat tests haven't been touched since release
4.9.2; updated https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/2719 - I haven't
spent much time figuring out what's going on there, I'll appreciate the
review.

Docs and release notes changes approved by Henry:
https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/2712
Unless I see requests to change I'll merge these to get the website updated.

--
Andrey Yegorov

Re: [VOTE] Release 4.14.0, release candidate #0

Posted by Andrey Yegorov <an...@datastax.com>.
Thank you!

--
Andrey Yegorov

Re: [VOTE] Release 4.14.0, release candidate #0

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Matteo Merli <mm...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Andrey Yegorov <an...@datastax.com>.

wrote:

> [...]
> > > - site2 is not excluded (should be fixed)
> > > - gradle files are not explicitly included, pom are
> > >

> https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/blob/732b6cf2a6576c844a4b43176125e82d500a6ea8/bookkeeper-dist/src/assemble/src.xml#L33
> > >
> > > that src.xml is used to package the release artifacts
> > >

> https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/blob/master/bookkeeper-dist/pom.xml#L55
> > >
> > > It looks like the plugin resolves the situation with the file not
> > matching
> > > includes and excludes by excluding it.
> > >
> > > PR that adds gradle into the includes patterns and excludes site2:
> > > https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/2714
> > >
> > > I can either rebuild the RC or we can decide to proceed.
> > > Gradle was not used to build/release 4.14.0
> > >

> > > On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 8:34 AM Andrey Yegorov <

Andrey Yegorov

Re: [VOTE] Release 4.14.0, release candidate #0

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Andrey,

Posted by Andrey Yegorov <an...@datastax.com>.

wrote:

> I ran the release script, as described in the release procedure.
> It all ran from the docker container.
>
> On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 11:30 PM Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Andrey,
>>
>> How did you generate the source release artifact? Looks like it is missing
>> some files like the site directory and the gradle build files.
>>
>> - Henry
>>

>> On Sun, May 9, 2021 at 11:16 PM Andrey Yegorov <
>> andrey.yegorov@datastax.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi everyone,
>> > Please review and vote on the release candidate #0 for the version
>> 4.14.0,
>> > as follows:
>> > [ ] +1, Approve the release
>> > [ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)
>> >
>> > The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
>> > * Release notes [1]
>> > * The official Apache source and binary distributions to be deployed to
>> > dist.apache.org [2]
>> > * All artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [3]
>> > * Source code tag "release-4.14.0" [4] with git sha
>> > 4729682f00f05f23a1821211cbce064e653edb83
>> >
>> > BookKeeper's KEYS file contains PGP keys we used to sign this release:
>> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/bookkeeper/KEYS
>> >
>> > Please download these packages and review this release candidate:
>> >
>> > - Review release notes
>> > - Download the source package (verify shasum, and asc) and follow the
>> > instructions to build and run the bookkeeper service.
>> > - Download the binary package (verify shasum, and asc) and follow the
>> > instructions to run the bookkeeper service.
>> > - Review maven repo, release tag, licenses, and any other things you
>> think
>> > it is important to a release.
>> >
>> > The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
>> > approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Release Manager
>> >
>> > [1] https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/2712
>> >

>> https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/blob/4f88ae1bf271d025945437e8499955118000ce29/site/docs/4.14.0/overview/releaseNotes.md
>> >
>> > [2]
>> >
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/bookkeeper/bookkeeper-4.14.0-rc0/
>> >
>> > [3]
>> >

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebookkeeper-1052/
>> >
>> > [4] https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/commits/branch-4.14 @ sha
>> 4729682
>> >
>> > --
>> > Andrey Yegorov

> Andrey Yegorov

Andrey Yegorov

Re: [VOTE] Release 4.14.0, release candidate #0

Posted by Andrey Yegorov <an...@datastax.com>.

wrote:

> Hi Andrey,
>
> How did you generate the source release artifact? Looks like it is missing
> some files like the site directory and the gradle build files.
>
> - Henry
>

> On Sun, May 9, 2021 at 11:16 PM Andrey Yegorov <
> andrey.yegorov@datastax.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> > Please review and vote on the release candidate #0 for the version
> 4.14.0,
> > as follows:
> > [ ] +1, Approve the release
> > [ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)
> >
> > The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
> > * Release notes [1]
> > * The official Apache source and binary distributions to be deployed to
> > dist.apache.org [2]
> > * All artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [3]
> > * Source code tag "release-4.14.0" [4] with git sha
> > 4729682f00f05f23a1821211cbce064e653edb83
> >
> > BookKeeper's KEYS file contains PGP keys we used to sign this release:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/bookkeeper/KEYS
> >
> > Please download these packages and review this release candidate:
> >
> > - Review release notes
> > - Download the source package (verify shasum, and asc) and follow the
> > instructions to build and run the bookkeeper service.
> > - Download the binary package (verify shasum, and asc) and follow the
> > instructions to run the bookkeeper service.
> > - Review maven repo, release tag, licenses, and any other things you
> think
> > it is important to a release.
> >
> > The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
> > approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Release Manager
> >
> > [1] https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/2712
> >

> https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/blob/4f88ae1bf271d025945437e8499955118000ce29/site/docs/4.14.0/overview/releaseNotes.md
> >
> > [2]
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/bookkeeper/bookkeeper-4.14.0-rc0/
> >
> > [3]
> >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebookkeeper-1052/
> >
> > [4] https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/commits/branch-4.14 @ sha
> 4729682
> >
> > --
> > Andrey Yegorov

Andrey Yegorov

Re: [VOTE] Release 4.14.0, release candidate #0

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrey,