Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Phani Madgula <ph...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/22 12:23:30 UTC

Build fail

Hi

I am getting this dependency link problem while building the server.
How can I resolve it?

I created the folder "activecluster\activecluster\jars" in "respository"
folder and put the jar file activecluster-1.2-20051115174934.jar
in that, but failed.

multiproject:install-callback:
    [echo] Running car:install for Configuration for application client
deployments
16:31:05,930 ERROR [PackageBuilder]
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException:
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.M
issingDependencyException: uri
activecluster/activecluster/1.2-20051115174934/jar not found in repository
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException:
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.MissingDependencyException: uri activ
ecluster/activecluster/1.2-20051115174934/jar not found in repository
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.ServiceConfigBuilder.getDependencyURI
(ServiceConfigBuilder.java:402)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.ServiceConfigBuilder.addDependencies(
ServiceConfigBuilder.java:276)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.ServiceConfigBuilder.addDependencies(
ServiceConfigBuilder.java:303)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.ServiceConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration
(ServiceConfigBuilder.java:204)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.ServiceConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration
(ServiceConfigBuilder.java:167)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.ServiceConfigBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$9f173be6.invoke
(<generated>)
        at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(
FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
        at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(
GBeanOperation.java:118)
        at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(
GBeanInstance.java:800)

Thx
phani

Re: Build fail

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <el...@gmail.com>.
2006/3/3, Sean C. McCarthy <sm...@itconsultores.com>:
> Hi Jacek,
>
> The exception is thrown while executing the 'new' goal, but I have
> narrowed it to m:geronimo:configs call from new.
>
> Executing the goal gives a:
>
> 10:42:01,278 ERROR [PackageBuilder]
> org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException:
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.MissingDependencyException: uri
> activecluster/activecluster/1.2-20051115174934/jar not found in repository

Hi Sean,

Could you please check out the sources and give it a try again. I'm
pretty sure I narrowed it down and fixed. Once confirmed, please add a
comment to http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1688 so I'll
be able to close it down.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.org.pl

Re: Build fail

Posted by "Sean C. McCarthy" <sm...@itconsultores.com>.
Hi Jacek,

[...]

org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.ServiceConfigBuilder.addDependencies(ServiceConfigBuilder.java:303)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.ServiceConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(ServiceConfigBuilder.java:204)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.ServiceConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(ServiceConfigBuilder.java:167)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.ServiceConfigBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$9f173be6.invoke(<generated>)
Caused by:
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.MissingDependencyException: uri
activecluster/activecluster/1.2-20051115174934/jar not found in repository
	... 68 more

The maven goals I made:

	* m:fresh-checkout
	* new

I tried updating and copying the jars into the maven local repository,
as Alan Cabrera pointed out, but I still get the exception. I have tried
to build it from scratch too, but I get the same error.

Thanks,

	Sean

Re: Build fail

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <el...@gmail.com>.
2006/3/3, Sean C. McCarthy <sm...@itconsultores.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I am still experiencing this problem, even if we copy the jars into the
> maven repository (which one the jars should be copied to?). I have been
> following the *EclipseDeployment* instructions on the wiki, but I'm
> stuck on the 'new' maven goal.

The 'new' maven goal - it rings a bell of mine ;) Could you elaborate
more about your build problems? What error are you getting and such.

>         Sean

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.org.pl

Re: Build fail

Posted by "Sean C. McCarthy" <sm...@itconsultores.com>.
Hi,

I am still experiencing this problem, even if we copy the jars into the
maven repository (which one the jars should be copied to?). I have been
following the *EclipseDeployment* instructions on the wiki, but I'm
stuck on the 'new' maven goal.

I'm using 'trunk'.

Any help?

Thanks,