Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com> on 2000/12/21 07:09:13 UTC

Why composed variables were transient

sboag@locus.apache.org wrote:

> sboag       00/12/20 21:52:22
>
>   Modified:    java/src/org/apache/xalan/templates StylesheetRoot.java
>   Log:
>   Changed the composed variables to non-transient.  I'm not totally
>   sure why Gary had these listed as transient.  Perhaps he was thinking
>   that we would recompose on readObject?  I was thinking the opposite,
>   that we would throw away all uncomposed stuff if you serialized.

I appreciate that you gave me credit for actually putting some thought
into this but while I was doing the recompose work, I didn't even
consider serialization at the time.  Most of these declarations were
just moved from StylesheetComposed to StylesheetRoot and a few were
already in StylesheetRoot.  When I arrived on the scene they were all
transient already so I just left them that way.

Gary