Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by j0llyr0g3r <ti...@wincor-nixdorf.com> on 2007/06/07 10:33:29 UTC

2 questions about: activemq-cpp, activemq and jboss messaging

Hey folks,

scince i am quite new to jboss / jms i hope somebody can redeem me from my
current confusion......:-)

1.) I have been reading for hours now, but still i don't know wether it is
possible to use the activemq-cpp client together with the jboss-messaging.

>From what i read so far i conclude:

- activemq-cpp only understands the protocols "openwire" and "stomp"
- but reading through the jboss-documentation i couldn't figure out which
protocol Jboss Messaging is using. I read the official documentation from
here:

http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbossmessaging/freezone/docs/userguide-1.3.0.GA/html_single/index.html

but the used protocol is not mentioned at all?!

So to cut it short: Which protocol is Jboss Messaging using and can i use
Jboss Messaging together with the activemq-cpp client?

2.) I read in the activemq-manual that activemq itself doesn't support
encryption.

So the only way to use encryption is to encrypt messages before they are
sent and to hand them over to activemq, right?

So, my question is:

If i use Jboss + activemq + encryption, is this integration of encryption
seamless?

By seamless i mean: Do i have to implement adaptor-layers between jboss ->
encryption -> activemq or integrates activemq into jboss in the same way as
if i would use jboss-messaging?

As far as i can tell, i would suppose that using jboss + jboss-messaging
interacts more smoothly together (meaning that i would not have to implement
anything at all, just configure and that's it), but - due to my dangerous
smattering - i'm not sure at all.........

Thx for all clarifications guys!

Re: 2 questions about: activemq-cpp, activemq and jboss messaging

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 6/7/07, j0llyr0g3r <ti...@wincor-nixdorf.com> wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> scince i am quite new to jboss / jms i hope somebody can redeem me from my
> current confusion......:-)
>
> 1.) I have been reading for hours now, but still i don't know wether it is
> possible to use the activemq-cpp client together with the jboss-messaging.
>
> From what i read so far i conclude:
>
> - activemq-cpp only understands the protocols "openwire" and "stomp"
> - but reading through the jboss-documentation i couldn't figure out which
> protocol Jboss Messaging is using. I read the official documentation from
> here:
>
> http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbossmessaging/freezone/docs/userguide-1.3.0.GA/html_single/index.html
>
> but the used protocol is not mentioned at all?!
>
> So to cut it short: Which protocol is Jboss Messaging using and can i use
> Jboss Messaging together with the activemq-cpp client?

No idea; I doubt they use openwire or stomp. Though you could use
StompConnect to talk to any JMS provider using Stomp.

But why would you wanna use JBoss Messaging and not ActiveMQ?

> 2.) I read in the activemq-manual that activemq itself doesn't support
> encryption.

Where?

We support SSL; or you can plugin a custom message transformer to do
whatever you need.

> As far as i can tell, i would suppose that using jboss + jboss-messaging
> interacts more smoothly together (meaning that i would not have to implement
> anything at all, just configure and that's it), but - due to my dangerous
> smattering - i'm not sure at all.........

Well J2EE 1.4 defines the JCA Resource Adapter specification so that
ActiveMQ works just great in any J2EE container including JBoss 4.x.

I'm not really aware of many valid reasons to choose JBoss Messaging
over ActiveMQ; the only one I can think of is you've already paid
RedHat for support?

--
James
-------