Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Will Sargent <wi...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/07 05:55:43 UTC

Contributing code to log4j?

Just a follow up and reminder, 'cos the wiki tells me I "should not
hesitate to insist" if I don't get an answer...

How do I contribute code?  Who is the best person to talk to?

Will.

Re: Contributing code to log4j?

Posted by Paul Smith <ps...@aconex.com>.
On 07/11/2007, at 4:06 PM, Will Sargent wrote:

> Paul Smith wrote:
>> Patch against the current code-base attached to a bugzilla issue is
>> a good start.  You should prefix all the source code with the ASL
>> 2.0 license and note in the issue that your are donating this to
>> the ASF.
>>
>> After that it's a matter for us to review the patch.
>>
> Thanks.  I assume I can create a bug myself and attach it.
> "Current" means trunk?

We'd be pretty poor support if our users couldn't create a bug... :)
go for it.

current does == trunk, yes.

cheers,

Paul

Re: Contributing code to log4j?

Posted by Will Sargent <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Smith <ps...@aconex.com>.

On 07/11/2007, at 3:55 PM, Will Sargent wrote:

> Just a follow up and reminder, 'cos the wiki tells me I "should not
> hesitate to insist" if I don't get an answer...
>
> How do I contribute code?  Who is the best person to talk to?
>
> Will.

Paul Smith
Core Engineering Manager

Aconex
The easy way to save time and money on your project

696 Bourke Street, Melbourne,
VIC 3000, Australia
Tel: +61 3 9240 0200  Fax: +61 3 9240 0299
Email: psmith@aconex.com  www.aconex.com

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee.
The contents may be privileged, confidential and/or subject to
copyright or other applicable law. No confidentiality or privilege is
lost by an erroneous transmission. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please let us know by reply e-mail and delete or destroy this
mail and all copies. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance
on it. The sender takes no responsibility for the effect of this
message upon the recipient's computer system.