Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Merve Temizer <me...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/01 15:49:38 UTC

POP IMAP Server vs SMTP Server

Hi,

Wikipedia[1] tells that James is a POP/IMAP server, but James does not
exists in SMTP server list. But when i installed James on my PC, i was able
to send SMTP mail at localhost on port 25. Can you provide something to
understand this situation?

Thanks

[1]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mail_servers

Re: POP IMAP Server vs SMTP Server

Posted by Robert Munn <cf...@gmail.com>.
james has an smtp server built in. look in /conf for the smtpserver
config. looks like the wikipedia page is out of date.