Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Kito Mann <km...@virtua.com> on 2010/03/31 02:52:10 UTC

ANNOUNCE: Martin Marinschek on MyFaces 2.0, IRIAN, and Related Topics

Hello,

In this podcast, JSFCentral editor-in-chief Kito D. Mann talks with Martin
Marinschek about MyFaces, IRIAN, and related topics. This interview was
recorded in December of 2009 at the JSF Summit conference in Orlando,
Florida. Here is an excerpt:

Kito:     Let’s talk a little bit about the project. MyFaces was originally
just an implementation but now it has grown into a very large set of
projects. Tell us a bit about some of the different projects that are part
of the MyFaces umbrella.

Martin:   I hope I don’t miss anything. Of course there is the core MyFaces
implementation and API. For the JSF implementation you have to do the API
and the Impl, so it is actually two jars which are developed in the core
section. Then there are the three component libraries: Trinidad, Tomahawk,
and Tobago. Then there is Orchestra, which is a conversation scope
implementation for long running conversations with integration to JPA as
well. Then there is the JSF Portlet Bridge, and there is ExtVal validation
integration for JSF, where you can put annotations on your managed beans and
domain objects. It will directly be converted into JSF converters and
validators, pretty nicely done. Now that bean validation has been
standardized, it is also an implementation of bean validation, so you can
use the bean validation annotations together with ExtVal.

Read the full article  here:
http://www.jsfcentral.com/articles/marinschek-03-10.html

---
Kito D. Mann | twitter: kito99 | Author, JSF in Action
Virtua, Inc. | http://www.virtua.com | JSF/Java EE training and consulting
http://www.JSFCentral.com - JavaServer Faces FAQ, news, and info | twitter:
jsfcentral
+1 203-404-4848 x3

Sign up for the JSFCentral newsletter: http://oi.vresp.com/?fid=ac048d0e17

Re: Re: ANNOUNCE: Martin Marinschek on MyFaces 2.0, IRIAN, and RelatedTopics

Posted by Will Vann <io...@gmail.com>.
Hello
    I doesn't konw what you mean, the bridge class is which one? Bridge.

Implementor is to "BridgeImple"? somethind seems wrong.

2010-04-09

Will Vann

Posted by Will Van <io...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
  Maybe some mistake. Portlet bridge seems to use Adapter design patterns.

--
Vann

Posted by Kito Mann <ki...@virtua.com>.
Hello Will,