Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Antony Alphonse <an...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/08 04:37:09 UTC

Oauthbearer - Azure

Hi,

I'm looking to implement authentication using Oauthbearer mechanism in my
Kafka cluster. My Oauth server will be Azure AD. If anyone have implemented
similar setup on Azure and can share some tips on how to proceed?

Thanks
AA

Re: Oauthbearer - Azure

Posted by Marko Strukelj <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hello, you could give Strimzi Kafka OAuth [1] a try.

It's a Kafka add-on that plugs into SASL_OAUTHBEARER functionality.

On the server side it adds support for fast local JWT token validation using signature checks, and keys retrieved from your authorization server's JWKS endpoint. It also has Introspection endpoint support which allows you to pass the access token to the authorization server for validation.
On the client side it adds support for configuring client credentials using clientId and clientSecret, but you can also use a refresh token or a long-lived access token.

[1] https://github.com/strimzi/strimzi-kafka-oauth

- marko

Re: Oauthbearer - Azure

Posted by Antony Alphonse <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Marko. If we have other options I would like to explore them as well.

Re: Oauthbearer - Azure

Posted by Marko Strukelj <ma...@gmail.com>.