Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/21 06:40:40 UTC

Re: What is the minimal required version of Hadoop for Hive 0.13.0?

This should be documented in the Requirements section
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/GettingStarted#GettingStarted-Requirements>
of the Getting Started wiki (see HIVE-7444
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-7444>).

Currently it just says this:

Requirements

   - Java 1.6
      - Hadoop 0.20.x, 0.23.x, or 2.0.x-alpha

We need complete information broken down by Hive release.  Volunteers?

-- Lefty