Posted to user@struts.apache.org by lixin chu <li...@yahoo.com> on 2004/02/17 12:05:29 UTC

Eclipse + Tomcat plugin question

Hi ,
sorry if this is not the right forum for this
question:

I am using Eclipse 3.0M6, Tomcat 5.0.18 and Sysdeo
plugin for Tomcat 2.2.1, and Struts 1.1.

everything works fine until I wanted to use Log4J in
my code. When I start Tomcat from within Eclipse, it
reports missing log4j.jar in Tomcat\bin; but after
adding log4j-1.2.8.jar, new error msg saying that
missing log4j-core.jar.

I do not know why I need this as I thought there is
only one log4j jar file.

but googled and there is a log4j-core.jar but again, a
new error came out saying that somethign to do with
tomcat\conf\server.xml.

lost now.

appreciate your help !
li xin