Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Drew Kutcharian <dr...@venarc.com> on 2013/04/23 00:23:50 UTC

Running a 3-node ensemble on a single machine

Hi Guys,

For development purposes I would like to run a 3 node Zookeeper ensemble on a single machine (Mac OS X). What's the cleanest way to do this?

Thanks,

Drew

Re: Running a 3-node ensemble on a single machine

Posted by Alexander Shraer <sh...@gmail.com>.
You can create 3 different data directories and point your configuration
files to them. You can then open 3 shells, and each shell will run its own
server - you can point it to the right config file by using the ZOOCFG
parameter, like: export ZOOCFG=zoo_replicated3.cfg
Or you can run them all in one shell and provide the config file path as a
parameter to zkServer.sh.

Here's an example of zoo_replicated3.cfg, pointing to the zookeeper3 data
directory:

tickTime=2000
dataDir=/Users/shralex/zookeeper-3.4/zookeeper3
initLimit=5
syncLimit=2
clientPort=2791
server.1=localhost:2780:2783:participant
server.2=localhost:2781:2784
server.3=localhost:2782:2785:participant

Alex
No, it's not for testing. I'm not familiar with Curator's TestingCluster. I
would like to simulate the production environment.

Posted by Drew Kutcharian <dr...@venarc.com>.
Thanks, this is very much what I was looking for. BTW, I think I should also pass -Dlog4j.configuration to set the logging directory per node too.

Posted by Michi Mutsuzaki <mi...@cs.stanford.edu>.

Posted by Drew Kutcharian <dr...@venarc.com>.

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.