Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/22 13:09:16 UTC

How to release a Maven plugin ?

Hi,
I am interested in having a release for the Maven Assembly plugin.
I will have some time during this end-of-year period.

There are a few JIRAs open, some of them are already assigned

In particular I am interested in releasing the fix for:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MASSEMBLY-861

which I found to be a duplicate of this one, already committer to master branch
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MASSEMBLY-675

I would be a good change to learn the release procedure for Maven plugins

I found this doc, but it does not talk about "plugins", only "Core"
and "Parent POM"
https://maven.apache.org/developers/release/index.html

Cheers
Enrico

Re: How to release a Maven plugin ?

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Now Assembly plugin is stable, thanks to Robert and Karl.
I had a scan thru open issues and there is nothing I can fix soon.
I am going to cut a release.
It's my first time, probably I will need to ask other questions :)

I will follow the procedure

Enrico

--

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: How to release a Maven plugin ?

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Enrico,

On 22/12/18 22:16, Enrico Olivelli wrote:

> Il sab 22 dic 2018, 20:00 Enrico Olivelli <eolivelli@gmail.com
> <ma...@gmail.com>> ha scritto:
>
>     So I will run thru all JIRAs fixed on 3.1.1, see if there is some
>     blocker, compare with git log...

Yes would be great to clean up the mess a little bit..

>     Then I will follow the procedure in order to prepare a release to be
>     voted
>
>     Is it thw right approach?

Yes it is the right approach..

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il sab 22 dic 2018, 20:00 Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> So I will run thru all JIRAs fixed on 3.1.1, see if there is some blocker,
> compare with git log...
>
> Then I will follow the procedure in order to prepare a release to be voted
>
> Is it thw right approach?

Bonus question:
Is there any mandatory java/maven/os to use while performing the release
procedure? I would use jdk8 +mvn 3.6.0 + fedora linux

Okay?
Enrico

--

-- Enrico Olivelli