Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by David Glasser <gl...@mit.edu> on 2006/10/27 20:57:35 UTC

Re: svn commit: r22140 - in trunk/subversion: svnsync tests/cmdline tests/cmdline/svnsync_tests_data

On 10/27/06, rooneg@tigris.org <ro...@tigris.org> wrote:
> * subversion/svnsync/main.c
>   (copy_revprops): Add a new sync parameter, which makes us remove
>    revprops in the destination revision that don't exist in the source
>    revision.
>   (do_initialize): Pass FALSE as the sync argument of copy_revprops.
>   (do_synchornize): Pass TRUE as the sync argument of copy_revprops.
>   (do_copy_revprops): Pass FALSE as the sync argument of copy_revprops.

Hmm.  Why shouldn't do_copy_revprops delete revprops that get deleted
in the source?

(Also, typo in log message "do_synchronize".)

--dave

--
David Glasser | glasser@mit.edu | http://www.davidglasser.net/

Re: svn commit: r22140 - in trunk/subversion: svnsync tests/cmdline tests/cmdline/svnsync_tests_data

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
(Added cc of dev@subversion.t.o, I assume David wanted it to go there...)

On 10/27/06, David Glasser <gl...@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 10/27/06, Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:
> > Well, I figured that the user might have added revprops in the
> > meantime and would be annoyed if they went away, especially since
> > we've called the command 'copy-revprops', not 'sync-revprops', and
> > 'copy' doesn't imply 'deletes some stuff' to me.
>
> Hmm, good point.
>
> The situation I was envisioning is something like "somebody wrote a
> script that accidently set svn:logg on all the revisions, we synced
> it, the upstream repo went back and deleted them, we should be able to
> get those changes too".

In retrospect, I wish I'd called the damn command 'sync-revprops', so
we could avoid all of this crap, yeah ;-)

> But I guess you're thinking about "user puts extra mirror-specific
> info on the mirror".
>
> Maybe a new flag for the subcommand?

Yeah, I'd like to see that.  I didn't do it as part of this change
because it wouldn't be backportable, but I wouldn't object to one
being added later.

-garrett

Re: svn commit: r22140 - in trunk/subversion: svnsync tests/cmdline tests/cmdline/svnsync_tests_data

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 10/27/06, David Glasser <gl...@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 10/27/06, rooneg@tigris.org <ro...@tigris.org> wrote:
> > * subversion/svnsync/main.c
> >   (copy_revprops): Add a new sync parameter, which makes us remove
> >    revprops in the destination revision that don't exist in the source
> >    revision.
> >   (do_initialize): Pass FALSE as the sync argument of copy_revprops.
> >   (do_synchornize): Pass TRUE as the sync argument of copy_revprops.
> >   (do_copy_revprops): Pass FALSE as the sync argument of copy_revprops.
>
> Hmm.  Why shouldn't do_copy_revprops delete revprops that get deleted
> in the source?

Well, I figured that the user might have added revprops in the
meantime and would be annoyed if they went away, especially since
we've called the command 'copy-revprops', not 'sync-revprops', and
'copy' doesn't imply 'deletes some stuff' to me.

> (Also, typo in log message "do_synchronize".)

Oops.  Will fix.

-garrett