Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Lachlan Donald <la...@ljd.cc> on 2002/12/16 03:28:42 UTC

Out Of Memory Errors

I am running a resonably recent cvs and I keep getting this error in my
catalina.out file:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

(with no stack trace) After which tomcat shutsdown and I often loose my
database contents and have to restore from backup.

Its happening across 3 servers which all have the same version of Xindice on
them, all running Debian 3.0..

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Lachlan Donald

Problem with class loader

Posted by Saurabh Srivastava <ss...@intermediainc.com>.
I am working on an application that has to achieve accessing the Xindice
database from a java application for which i have created an exe.
I am using Jbuilder to create the client exe, and i am running the XMLDB
server as a batchfile. The exe works fine except when i tries to create a
connection to the xindice db, which is when, it throws an exception

org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: A connection to the Database instance
'db' could not be created. Error: Unable to initialize orb loader
 at org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl.init(DatabaseImpl.java:386)
 at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl.getCollection(DatabaseImpl.java
:205)
 at org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getCollection(DatabaseManager.java:194)
 at org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getCollection(DatabaseManager.java:157)

The application runs fine when i run the server and client through batch
files, but i am encountering this problem only while trying to run the
application through the exe.

Any idea how this can be solved??

Saurabh