Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Steve Potter <js...@riverbed.demon.co.uk> on 2008/05/21 18:48:37 UTC

Strange permission behaviour

I recently upgraded to 2.6.2 and had a play with the ACL feature.  After
adding restrictions to the page TitleBox (like jspwiki.org) pages in the wiki
(e.g. Main) were no longer editable by users that did not have permission to
edit TitleBox.  The debug log seems to suggest that the restrictions parsed
from the TitleBox page are being applied to the Main page (Main has no
restrictions specified):

2008-05-21 16:20:24,273 [http-8443-1] DEBUG
com.ecyrd.jspwiki.tags.WikiTagBase.doWikiStartTag  - Inserting page WikiPage
[JSPWiki:TitleBox,ver=8,mod=Wed May 21 16:18:54 BST 2008]
2008-05-21 16:20:24,273 [http-8443-1] DEBUG
com.ecyrd.jspwiki.render.RenderingManager.getRenderedDocument  - Re-rendering
and storing TitleBox::8
2008-05-21 16:20:24,273 [http-8443-1] DEBUG
com.ecyrd.jspwiki.parser.JSPWikiMarkupParser.handleAccessRule  - page=Main,
ACL = ALLOW view Authenticated
2008-05-21 16:20:24,273 [http-8443-1] DEBUG
com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.acl.DefaultAclManager.parseAcl  - Adding new acl entry
for view
2008-05-21 16:20:24,273 [http-8443-1] DEBUG
com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.acl.DefaultAclManager.parseAcl  -   user =
Authenticated:
(("com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.PagePermission","JSPWiki:Main","view"))

2008-05-21 16:20:24,273 [http-8443-1] DEBUG
com.ecyrd.jspwiki.parser.JSPWikiMarkupParser.handleAccessRule  -   user =
Authenticated:
(("com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.PagePermission","JSPWiki:Main","view"))

2008-05-21 16:20:24,273 [http-8443-1] DEBUG
com.ecyrd.jspwiki.parser.JSPWikiMarkupParser.handleAccessRule  - page=Main,
ACL = ALLOW edit Admin
2008-05-21 16:20:24,273 [http-8443-1] DEBUG
com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.acl.DefaultAclManager.parseAcl  - Adding new acl entry
for edit
2008-05-21 16:20:24,283 [http-8443-1] DEBUG
com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.acl.DefaultAclManager.parseAcl  -   user =
Authenticated:
(("com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.PagePermission","JSPWiki:Main","view"))
  user = Admin:
(("com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.PagePermission","JSPWiki:Main","edit"))

Am I misunderstanding something here?
(note: The behaviour appears to be obfuscated by page caching).

Thanks for any help,

Steve P.

Re: Strange permission behaviour

Posted by Steve Potter <js...@riverbed.demon.co.uk>.
Janne,
Sorry for the delay - a vacation got in the way!

I checked the behaviour on 2.6.3 and the problem appears to be resolved.

Thanks a lot,
	Steve

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.

Posted by Steve <st...@riverbed.demon.co.uk>.