Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Manepalli, Kalyan" <KA...@orbitz.com> on 2009/06/08 17:40:35 UTC

Fetching Dynamic Fields

Hi all,
            Is there a way to select all the dynamic fields in the fl field without using *. Here is what I am looking for.
Fields in the schema, locationName_*, locationId,description,content.
I want to select just the locationName_* and locationId. How can I do this without using fl=*, coz I don't want to fetch all the other fields.

Any suggestions in this regard will be helpful.

Thanks,
Kalyan Manepalli

Re: Fetching Dynamic Fields

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
One option is to hit the Luke request handler (&numTerms=0 for best
performance), grab all the field names there, then build the fl list
(or facet.field in the cases I've used this trick for) from the fields
with the prefix you desire.

	Erik

RE: Fetching Dynamic Fields

Posted by "Manepalli, Kalyan" <KA...@orbitz.com>.
No I am looking for specific scenario. I want to query for the dynamic fields along with few normal fields.

Thanks,
Kalyan Manepalli

Re: Fetching Dynamic Fields

Posted by Avlesh Singh <av...@gmail.com>.