Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Michael Schall <mi...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/21 23:00:54 UTC

Prepared Statement cache

We run are running iBATIS within WebSphere 6.1 on Windows using JNDI against
a DB2 database.  During a performance tuning session we found a query using
an index that did not have a vital column.  We added the missing column to
the end of the index on a test database and using a db2 query analyzer we
saw a big performance gain.  We moved the index to our production servers
and see similar gains using db2 tools, however we do not see the benefit in
the WebSphere application.  How/Where are are prepared statements cached and
how can I clear them to get a plan that takes advantage of the new index.
Thanks

Mike

Re: Prepared Statement cache

Posted by Nicholoz Koka Kiknadze <ki...@gmail.com>.
Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I'm almost sure it must be possible to force
database server to RE-generate execution plans even for cached statements.

I've never used DB2 but googling a little I found:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/dzichelp/v2r2/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.db29.doc.ugref/db2z_invalidatestatementscache.htm

HTH

Re: Prepared Statement cache

Posted by Mario Ds Briggs <ma...@in.ibm.com>.
The statement cache is configured on the Data Source properties in WAS. You
probably want to check with your WAS admin what's the minimal way of
flushing it without bouncing WAS itself ( bouncing the app alone wont help)

Mario

             Michael Schall
             <mike.schall@gmai
             l.com>                                                     To
                                       user-java@ibatis.apache.org
             22/07/2009 03:38                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Prepared Statement cache
             user-java@ibatis.
                apache.org

Anyway to just tell the webservers (I assume JNDI) to drop all prepared
statements?

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Glenn Barnard <ba...@gmail.com>
wrote:
  restart your webservers!