Posted to marketing@couchdb.apache.org by Joan Touzet <jo...@lrtw.org> on 2014/11/06 18:02:36 UTC

Download / Website hits stats

Hi folks,

I'm still trying to get a handle on how many downloads of
CouchDB we've had over the past <arbitrary timeframe>. I know
that we struck out with getting Infra to give us stats from
their mirrors.

Does anyone know of contacts on other ASF projects that have
significant update, e.g. Apache Web Server, Cassandra, Zookeeper
to find out how they are tracking # of downloads?

Jan and I would love to have some numbers for this to present at
ApacheCon EU, which is just under 2 weeks away now.

At the very least do we have traffic numbers for
http://couchdb.apache.org ? What's the current state of our
Google Analytics setup?

-Joan

Re: Download / Website hits stats

Posted by Robert Kowalski <ro...@kowalski.gd>.
Please add me so I can fix this in the longer term (probably not this
week, but on a weekend where I have time)

Posted by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org>.

Given my track record with Infra this may take years before
it's done.

I seem to recall Noah previously tried wrapping the links for
download on the main website and it didn't work because
Analytics was configured to log everything under docs. rather
than couchdb.apache.org, and all the stats were confused.

I'd be willing to give it another go but I'd want to rip that
out and start over with just couchdb.apache.org, or figure out
how to separate out the two.

-Joan

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.