Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jay sissom <js...@toybox.uits.indiana.edu> on 2002/03/19 04:57:21 UTC

Struts Application in Production

I'm proud to announce that IU has a new Struts application in production.
We started developing in Java (and Struts) about 8 months ago and in those
8 months, a team of 4-5 people built a portal for IU.  There is a guest
login, so you can look if you like:  http://onestart.iu.edu/

This used struts as it's UI.  It's running on Websphere 4.0.x on AIX and
was built with JBuilder 5/6 on Windows.

If you want more details about how we did it, we will be giving a Birds of
a Feather talk at JavaOne about how we got started in Java development and
how we chose our tools.  It will be Monday night, 8:30PM - 9:20PM in the
Telegraph Hill Sheraton Palace hotel.  The talk is called "Migrating to
the JavaTM 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EETM): Zero to Sixty in 6.1
Months".  Hope to see you there.

Jay Sissom
Indiana University

Re: Struts Application in Production

Posted by Jay sissom <js...@toybox.uits.indiana.edu>.
I wasn't on this team but thought people would be interested in seeing it.

Right now, we don't have a white paper on it, but we do have lots of
PowerPoint presentations about the project at:

http://www.indiana.edu/~myiu

None of them are very technical and some of them are quite outdated.  We
hope to have some technical information soon and when we do, I'll let
everyone know.

Jay

Posted by Jon Ferguson <ca...@btinternet.com>.
Jay,