Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by thully <tm...@eng.ucsd.edu> on 2014/12/08 23:57:32 UTC

Re: Upgrading Karaf 2.3.5 to 2.4.0 (or 3.0.2)

Karaf 3.0.2 seems to be working well so far - not seeing the issues we had
with 3.0.1, and it is working with Java 8. Is there anything I should look
out for with regards to the Karaf 2.x-> 3.0 transition?

Also, I noticed that Karaf 4.0 seems to already be in the works. Is this
going to replace Karaf 3 anytime soon, and is there anything we should worry
about as far as a future transition? We don't necessarily need all the
latest features, though we do need to be able to run on the latest stable
JVM (Java 8 has been a big issue for us given the lack of support in 2.2/2.3
and the relative instability of Karaf 3 at the time of its release).