Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by sanjayasing <sa...@opensource.lk> on 2003/07/04 10:28:46 UTC

c++ web service methods for multidimensional arrays

How can one write c++ web service methods corresponding to the following java
methods using multidimensional arrays?

public class test
{
	public void arr2in(int [][] arr) {}

	public int[][] arr2out()
	{
		return new int[2][3];
	}

	public void arr3in(int [][][] arr){}

	public int[][][] arr3out()
	{
		return new int[5][6][7];
	}
	public void arrtype3in(MyClass [][][]){}

	public MyClass [][][] arrtype3out()
	{
		return new MyClass[4][4][4];
	}
}

thanks.
---------------
Lanka Software Foundation  (http://www.opensource.lk)
Promoting Open-Source Development in Sri Lanka.
---------------

Re: c++ web service methods for multidimensional arrays

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
Given that schema only has support for one-dimensional arrays
(via element/@minOccurs etc.), can we not only just support
those?

SOAP 1.1's SOAP encoding does support multi-dimensional arrays.
However, SOAP 1.2 all but deprecates SOAPEnc and hence I don't
believe we should support it in Axis/C++.

Does Axis/Java support multidimensional arrays for rpc/lit?

Sanjiva.