Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by lifer <ee...@detica.com> on 2008/01/10 17:58:02 UTC

Tomahawk panelTabbedPane & Backing Bean problem!

Hello, my apologies if this has been already answered but I couldn't find it
anywhere.

I have a session backing bean for a panelTabbedPane with several tabs. I can
successfully click between the tabs and change values on the different
components (inputText etc). When I click back to a previous tab the values
are still kept correctly. No updates to the backing bean have occurred. All
good so far ...

However, upon clicking save only the currently displayed tabs component
values are applied to the backing bean, i.e. all the other tabs values are
not copied to the backing bean. It seems that only the currently displayed
components are applied to the backing bean. This is the problem. How can I
get all the values from all the tabs into the backing bean?

In summary, I have a massive bean with many fields to be updated. Instead of
trying to have one big page to do the update I am trying to split it across
smaller more managable tabs.

Please help!

Re: Tomahawk panelTabbedPane & Backing Bean problem!

Posted by lifer <ee...@detica.com>.
Ok ok ... very happy that I have worked it out. Make sure this attribute is
false!

<t:panelTabbedPane serverSideTabSwitch="false"