Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Eric Czech <er...@nextbigsound.com> on 2012/08/09 02:41:44 UTC

Multiple scan input split for MR job

Hi everyone,

I've been searching for a way to specify an MR job on an HBase table
using multiple key ranges (instead of just one), and as far as I can
tell, the best way is still to create a custom InputFormat like
MultiSegmentTableInputFormat and override getSplits to return splits
based on multiple scan objects.

Is this still the best way to do this or is there any official support yet?

If it is still the best way to do it, does anyone have an
implementation of this that they'd be willing to share?  I'm new to
HBase and I'm not so sure I'd be able to do that well myself.

Thank you for your time!

Re: Multiple scan input split for MR job

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
Nothing official AFAIK, looks like you understand what your other solution is.

J-D