Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Rob W. van Swol" <va...@nlr.nl> on 2001/09/28 09:16:50 UTC

Re: Guru : web-inf/classes not found ?

Something I learned from installing cocoon 1.8.2 under tc4.0:

don't forget the leading /
/WEB-INF/classes instead of WEB-INF/classes

Rob

Gurumurthy R wrote:

> yes of course,
>
> even if I give WEB-INF/classes, then also not working. pl. help.
>
> guru
>
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2001 Craig R. McClanahan wrote :
> >

> > On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Mikael Aronsson wrote:
> >
> > > Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 13:54:34 +0100
> > > From: Mikael Aronsson <mi...@telia.com>
> > > To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> > > Subject: web-inf/classes not found ?
> > >
> > > Hi !
> > >
> > > Tomcat complains that it can't find some of my classes
> > > .../web-inf/classes/xxx/yyy/myclassses for example,
> > > Everything works fine when I compile it (I specify
> > the -classpath to let the
> > > compiler find the classes), but when I run the
> > application in Tomcat, it
> > > does not find the classes.
> > >
> > > The docs says that it should look in the
> > web-inf/classes directory ?
> > >
> > > Am I doing something wrong here maybe ?
> > >

> > If your directory is named "/web-inf" instead of
> > "/WEB-INF', you are
> > making a mistake -- pathnames are case sensitive in
> > servlet containers.
> >

> > > Mikael
> > >

> > Craig

Rob W. van Swol
National Aerospace Laboratory NLR       Tel. +31 527 248252
P.O. Box 153                            Fax  +31 527 248210
8300 AD Emmeloord                       E-Mail vanswol@nlr.nl
The Netherlands                         http://www.neonet.nl/