Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/30 00:05:50 UTC

What has happened to the Apollo/WSRF project?

See http://incubator.apache.org/projects/apollo.html

This says that Apollo graduated as WSRF (presumably part of Web Services)

However, there is now no mention of Apollo or WSRF on the WS website.

What happened?

RE: What has happened to the Apollo/WSRF project?

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
so the 2 Apollo members became senior member/developers/engineers for Axis2 (AKA the sane alterative to CFX)

Implementing WS-Addressing is described here:

http://wso2.com/library/2561/
Implementing the 'Addressing' module with Axis2 Framework is described here:

http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/core/modules/addressing/index.html

Additional Capabilities of SOAP 1.2 are explained here:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cicsts/v3r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.cics.ts31.doc%2Fdfhws%2Fconcepts%2Fsoap%2Fdfhws_message.htm
Implementing a specific version of SOAP(such as SOAP 1.2) in a Axis2Client is explained here

http://www.keith-chapman.org/2009/02/axis2-how-to-set-soap-version-on-client.html

I know for Maven doc we use doxia with 'Almost Plain Text' input

http://maven.apache.org/doxia

news update:
Dims got a PAYING JOB at IBM

http://www.linkedin.com/in/davanum

Glenn Daniels still works at Thoughtcraft and is the PMC Chair for Axis2..one heck of a nice fellow I met him a few years back

at Babson College

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2

(Would be glad to help out..if you need a hand with anything)

Martin --

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.