Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/26 19:12:17 UTC

Re: [vote] release wicket 1.4.8

this vote is to release wicket  1.4.8

this maintenance release brings over 20 bug fixes and improvements.

branch: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/wicket/branches/wicket-1.4.8/

artifacts: http://people.apache.org/~ivaynberg/wicket-1.4.8/

changelog: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=12310561&fixfor=12314811
(and below)

vote ends Thursday 11am gmt-8

cheers

-igor

Release Notes - Wicket - Version 1.4.8

** Bug
    * [WICKET-2075] - Pagemap is locked forever with some Page
serialization exceptions
    * [WICKET-2424] - OnChangeAjaxBehavior + DatePicker do not work together
    * [WICKET-2764] - MarkupCache messed up when using MergedMarkup
(e.g. for Page markup inheritance) together with IResourceStreams that
do NOT also implement IFixedLocationResourceStream
    * [WICKET-2767] - DatePicker Calendar: wrong year format when 4
digits are used (yyyy), e.g. 2010 --> 0010
    * [WICKET-2772] - Generate wicketpath attribute for RadioChoice
    * [WICKET-2779] - Submit a nested form via ajax to upload a file
inside modal window does not work on IE.
    * [WICKET-2787] - ValueMap.getAsBoolean(key, defaultValue) always
returns false for non-existing keys, instead of the defaultValue
    * [WICKET-2799] - @RequireHttps not switching to https when
setting response page to non-bookmarkable page
    * [WICKET-2802] - StringIndexOutOfBoundsException in
PortletServletRequestWrapper for some resource requests
    * [WICKET-2806] - Javascript looking for related radio in group is
not working if css class is already assigned to radio
    * [WICKET-2822] - Small Bug in JavaDoc for SpringWebApplicationFactory

** Improvement
    * [WICKET-2771] - Please support "isPrimary" for @SpringBean
    * [WICKET-2776] - Enhancing RadioChoice input items with
individual title and css class attributes
    * [WICKET-2778] - Set Application ThreadLocal in WicketSessionFilter
    * [WICKET-2796] - Improve error reporting on locked page maps
    * [WICKET-2803] - ListMultipleChoice's Constructors Should Accept
IModel<? extends Collection<T>>
    * [WICKET-2813] - IndicatingAjaxButton should have construtors
that take a IModel for the button text as does AjaxButton.
    * [WICKET-2817] - ChoiceGroup's Constructor Should Accept IModel<?
extends Collection<T>>
    * [WICKET-2821] - More "IModel<? extends Collection<" Fixes
    * [WICKET-2830] - Make
BookmarkablePageRequestTargetUrlCodingStrategy#encode non final
    * [WICKET-2831] - ConverterLocator#get(Class<T>) shouldn't be final
    * [WICKET-2837] - Inaccurate AjaxSubmitLink Javadoc

** Wish
    * [WICKET-2847] - Make StringResourceStream non final

Re: [vote] release wicket 1.4.8

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
+1

i always forget to add my vote after i send the vote email... :)

-igor

Re: [vote] release wicket 1.4.8

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.

Re: [vote] release wicket 1.4.8

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
we go through this every time, and the short answer is: wait for the
next release. if you need it asap then build yourself a snapshot and
use that. personally i dont feel like spending half my day going
through the motions again, building a snapshot is a lot simpler and a
hell of a lot quicker then doing a full release.

-igor

Re: [vote] release wicket 1.4.8

Posted by Alex Objelean <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: [vote] release wicket 1.4.8

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mc...@e-card.bg>.
Please, port your fixes in 1.5 as well.
Thanks!

Re: [vote] release wicket 1.4.8

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.

Re: [vote] release wicket 1.4.8

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
My belated +1

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 6:36 AM, Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> individual title and css class attributes
>>    * [WICKET-2778] - Set Application ThreadLocal in WicketSessionFilter
>>    * [WICKET-2796] - Improve error reporting on locked page maps
>>    * [WICKET-2803] - ListMultipleChoice's Constructors Should Accept
>> IModel<? extends Collection<T>>
>>    * [WICKET-2813] - IndicatingAjaxButton should have construtors
>> that take a IModel for the button text as does AjaxButton.
>>    * [WICKET-2817] - ChoiceGroup's Constructor Should Accept IModel<?
>> extends Collection<T>>
>>    * [WICKET-2821] - More "IModel<? extends Collection<" Fixes
>>    * [WICKET-2830] - Make
>> BookmarkablePageRequestTargetUrlCodingStrategy#encode non final
>>    * [WICKET-2831] - ConverterLocator#get(Class<T>) shouldn't be final
>>    * [WICKET-2837] - Inaccurate AjaxSubmitLink Javadoc
>>
>> ** Wish
>>    * [WICKET-2847] - Make StringResourceStream non final

Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4.7

Re: [vote] release wicket 1.4.8

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Re: [vote] release wicket 1.4.8

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Well, I tried your suggestion.  Unfortunately, that breaks my existing
code still.  My tables have header cells that span the entire length
of the table (they're vertical "bars"), but since it's split up into
thead/tbody/tfoot now, those rowspans don't work properly.  Any
suggestions?

Re: [vote] release wicket 1.4.8

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Re: [vote] release wicket 1.4.8