Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Miki Tebeka <mi...@adconion.com> on 2011/05/27 02:15:35 UTC

maven3 - how to switch wagon provider (due to long password)

Greetings,

I have a long password that causes issues with the default wagon
provider (same as http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4754)
Using maven 2 I was able to solve that by adding
      <configuration>
        <wagonProvider>httpclient</wagonProvider>
      </configuration>
to ~/.m2/settings.xml

We switched to maven 3 and the problem reappeared, how can I find this
issue with maven 3?

All the best,
--
Miki
[I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it]

Re: maven3 - how to switch wagon provider (due to long password)

Posted by Miki Tebeka <mi...@adconion.com>.
Greetings,

>> I have a long password that causes issues with the default
>> wagon
>> provider (same as http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4754)
> I guess this is because mvn 3 uses wagon-lightweight-http for all read actions.
Is there a way for me to tell it to user another provider?

> How do you set your credentials? Via the <server> tag in settings.xml?
Yes.

> Could you please provide us with an example of such a long password via a Jira ticket in
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/WAGON
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/WAGON-333
I won't post my password there, but it's 16 characters long.

All the best,

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Miki!

I guess this is because mvn 3 uses wagon-lightweight-http for all read actions.

How do you set your credentials? Via the <server> tag in settings.xml?
Could you please provide us with an example of such a long password via a Jira ticket in

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/WAGON

txs and LieGrue,
strub