Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by topcoder1 <to...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/21 22:04:01 UTC

synchronous vs asynchronous and axis 1 vs axis 2

Dear folks,
I am just starting to use web service and Axis.  I want to use a C++
client to communicate with a java web service(tomcat + axis).  The
client sends a request to start a time-consuming process on the
server, then wants to get the progress (like 40% done) while the
server's working on it.
1. I found Axis2's asynchronous model appealing because it provides a
natural way to for client to get Progress,error, completion,etc.
Callback callback = new Callback() {
    public void onComplete(AsyncResult result) {
        //what user can do to result
    }
    public void reportError(Exception e) {
       //on error
    }
   public onMessage(MessageContext msgContext) {}
};
Without asynchronous model, how do I accomplish this in Axis 1?  I
make a call to start the process, then periodically make status
checking call until it finishes, correct?
By what I know so far, it seems it makes more sense to use Axis2 for
my project.  But please point out if I missed anything...

2.There's an axis2/c project, but no c++, why?

thanks!!