Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ashwin Basagouda Patil <as...@robosoftin.com> on 2008/01/13 11:56:31 UTC

[users@httpd] https and http on a same server: same time

Hi there,

I am new to this ......Please help me...

Please help that I want to run the Apache 2.0 in both "https" and 'http".

I have virtual hosting for the https and it is working fine. But for the
some reason the subversion repositories are not accessible through the VPN
in MAC OS in virtual hosting.

So I want to mention those repositories through the http connection and
without virtual hosting.

Please suggest me how i can run the apache in both at same time.

If I use

"/usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start" it is starting in http and works
fine. But not the https connection works.

If use
"/usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl startssl" it starts in https connection
and wont work http connection.

How I can solve this for me. Please help me.

Thanks
Ashwin Patil

Robosoft Technologies - Come home to Technology

Disclaimer: This email may contain confidential material. If you were not an intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies. Emails to and from our network may be logged and monitored. This email and its attachments are scanned for virus by our scanners and are believed to be safe. However, no warranty is given that this email is free of malicious content or virus.

Re: [users@httpd] https and http on a same server: same time

Posted by Martin Barry <ma...@supine.com>.
$quoted_author = "Ashwin  Basagouda Patil" ;

> I have the following configuration.

You appear to be doing NameVirtualhost for SSL. This will only work if you
have a wildcard SSL certificate for the parent domain (in your case it would
need to be *.robosoft.co.in)

Have a read of http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/NameBasedSSLVHosts

cheers
marty

--
nfgaida - "I want an America that isn't full of easily amused idiots
        watching crap on TV." [1]

Anon Coward - "Yeah? Well, I want an America full of nymphomaniac
	supermodels who own breweries. Deal." [2]

[1] - http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=108411&cid=9215217
[2] - http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=108411&cid=9215314

Re: [users@httpd] https and http on a same server: same time

Posted by Ashwin Basagouda Patil <as...@robosoftin.com>.
Dear Martin,

Thanks for the response,

I have the following configuration.

1. I have not at all changed the httpd.conf file except the ServerName and
log level to debug\ and  the configuration at the end of the httpd.conf
file. [FOR HTTP CONNECTION]

ATTACHED THE FILE

2. I used the ssl.conf file to configure my requirements.
See the lines at the and of the ssl.conf file ...

[FOR HTTPS CONNECTION]

ATTACHED THE FILE

Please help me,

Thanks ashwin