Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Philip <ph...@hotmail.com> on 2009/09/19 14:43:58 UTC

Maven 2.2.1 Installation Trouble

Hello Maven-Users,

I'm attempting to install Apache Maven 2.2.1 under Windows Vista.
Unfortunately, following the instructions on the site fails to locate the
mvn.bat file from the command line.

My directory structure (following extraction) is as follows. Note that key
files are shown for reference but all files have been extracted
successfully.

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\apache-maven-2.2.1
	apache-maven
		src
			bin
				mvn.bat
	maven-artifact
	maven-artifact-manager
	etc

My understanding from the XP/2000 installation guide is the environment
variables should be set:

M2_HOME:	C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\apache-maven-2.2.1
M2		%M2_HOME%\bin
PATH		.;%M2%

But this doesn't work. The command line fails to find the mvn file, because
the PATH resolves to:
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\apache-maven-2.2.1\bin

rather than
C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\apache-maven-2.2.1\apache-maven\src\bin

Changing M2  to:
%M2_HOME%\apache-maven\bin \src

fixes this but then it

Changing M2_HOME instead produces the "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/codehaus/classworlds/Launcher" error referenced in the unofficial FAQ.

I'd appreciate any help you could provide to resolve this problem.

Thanks for your time,
Philip Whitehouse

RE: Maven 2.2.1 Installation Trouble

Posted by Philip <ph...@hotmail.com>.
> I'm attempting to install Apache Maven 2.2.1 under Windows Vista.
Unfortunately, following the instructions on the site fails to locate the
mvn.bat file from the command line.

---

Sorry, I've solved this. I accidentally downloaded the wrong package... :(

Apologies,
Philip Whitehouse