Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/23 05:21:40 UTC

important performance note

Brandon Williams has been doing some testing on the garbage collector
options we are using, and found that removing the line

        -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=1 \

from bin/cassandra.in.sh dramatically increases throughput by reducing
the amount of CPU used by the garbage collector.

This will be part of 0.4.2 and 0.5, but in the meantime, thought you'd
like to know.

-Jonathan

Re: important performance note

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 11:08 PM, Igor Katkov <ik...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What OS and what JVM version was it?

Debian lenny amd64 Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_12-b04)

However, I suspect it affects a wide range of platforms and JVMs.

-Brandon

Re: important performance note

Posted by Igor Katkov <ik...@gmail.com>.