Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Nicolas Marchildon <ni...@sherpa-dev.com> on 2007/04/12 18:48:30 UTC

Code offer: TrackingCollection

    Sherpa Solutions is offering the Apache Software Foundation the
    attached source code, to be distributed by the projet under the
    Apache License terms.

Sometimes you need to keep track of what was added and what was removed
from a collection, and that is what we created TrackingCollection for.

Additionally, since we were implementing lazy-loading of collections of
persistent objects, we introduced a CollectionLoader that is used by the
TrackingCollection when it has to access all of its elements. It is
still possible however to use the TrackingCollection without a loader,
and it will simply start empty and be considered loaded.

Please let me know if this is the correct way of submitting code to the
project. We would also appreciate any comments or suggestions on the
code itself.

Re: Code offer: TrackingCollection

Posted by Nicolas Marchildon <ni...@sherpa-dev.com>.
Nicolas Marchildon a écrit :
> Sometimes you need to keep track of what was added and what was removed
> from a collection, and that is what we created TrackingCollection for.

As requested, I booked a Jira ticket:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COLLECTIONS-248

Re: [collections] Code offer: TrackingCollection

Posted by Stephen Kestle <st...@orionhealth.com>.
> Please let me know if this is the correct way of submitting code to the
> project.
Better would be to open a ticket
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COLLECTIONS) and submit the files
there.  Things will get lost on the mailing list.  Especially since we
all seem to be rather busy...
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/Collections/GenericCollections/Contributors
may be of interest on that point...
> We would also appreciate any comments or suggestions on the
> code itself.

Again, a ticket will help track this as well.

Cheers

Stephen