Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org> on 2006/10/29 10:20:57 UTC

[general] good maven2 pom.xml to copy?

Hi,

I'd like to enable building of digester with maven2. Any suggestions as
to which commons project's pom.xml I should base it on? I know some work
has been going on for maven2 support recently..

Thanks,

Simon

Re: [general] good maven2 pom.xml to copy?

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Simon Kitching wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to enable building of digester with maven2. Any suggestions as
> to which commons project's pom.xml I should base it on? I know some work
> has been going on for maven2 support recently..
>
> Thanks,
>
> Simon

You could try the maven-one-plugin [1] (for Maven 2) which has a goal
for converting a Maven 1 project.xml file into a Maven 2 pom.xml file.
The version of the plugin that has this new feature has not been
released yet, but you can try a SNAPSHOT of it if you follow these [2]
instructions. It does a reasonable job of converting the pom, but it
can't handle everything.

[1] http://people.apache.org/~dennisl/maven-one-plugin/
[2]
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-development-plugins.html