Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Dave Gray <Da...@versata.com> on 2004/12/14 20:51:18 UTC

Oracle transaction control

Our application will use Torque to create a database and fill it with
sample data. The project-schema.xml and project-data.xml are generated
by the application. I have foreign key constraints between tables. I
cannot guarantee the order of the records in the generated
project-data.xml.
To avoid foreign key constraint violations I would like to insert:
       ALTER SESSION SET CONSTRAINTS=DEFERRED;
at the start of the project-data.sql. However this will not have the
desired effect unless the sql is run in a single transaction.
Is there a setting I can change to have the sql run in a single
transaction?
Alternatively, is there another solution?
Dave