Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Maria Jackson <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/07 13:12:19 UTC

How to install Jena SDB

I downloaded Jena SDB from
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.jena/jena-sdb/1.3.6, but I am
not getting how to install it. Can someone please help

Re: How to install Jena SDB

Posted by Maria Jackson <ma...@gmail.com>.
Andy- I will be storing about a billion quads!

Re: How to install Jena SDB

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

RE: How to install Jena SDB

Posted by David Jordan <Da...@sas.com>.
I'll clarify that I was told by people doing Jena support that Postgres would be slower than other relational DBs running under SDB. I am just reporting what I was told by the Jena support team. I have no experience with Postgres in other contexts and I never did a direct MySQL vs. Postgres in an SDB environment.

> TDB IS much faster. I was even warned, in particular, that of the
> relational DBs, that Postgres would be slower than similar
> alternatives, like MySQL.
That hasn't been my experience. I don't use relational stores for RDF, but I do use them with my Rails projects. I find modern Postgres to be superior in most respects to MySQL, and as far as I can tell that's a fairly common view in the Ruby community.  Of course, a lot of people will also say that NoSQL stores are even better, but that's another story!

Ian

Re: How to install Jena SDB

Posted by Ian Dickinson <ia...@epimorphics.com>.

RE: How to install Jena SDB

Posted by David Jordan <Da...@sas.com>.

Re: How to install Jena SDB

Posted by Maria Jackson <ma...@gmail.com>.

RE: How to install Jena SDB

Posted by David Jordan <Da...@sas.com>.

Re: How to install Jena SDB

Posted by Maria Jackson <ma...@gmail.com>.
A gentle reminder.

Re: How to install Jena SDB

Posted by Maria Jackson <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: How to install Jena SDB

Posted by Chris Dollin <ch...@epimorphics.com>.
On Wednesday, August 07, 2013 04:42:19 PM Maria Jackson wrote:
> I downloaded Jena SDB from
> http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.jena/jena-sdb/1.3.6, but I am
> not getting how to install it. Can someone please help

What part of the installation instructions is giving you trouble?

Chris

--
RIP Diana Wynne Jones, 1934 - 2011.

Epimorphics Ltd, http://www.epimorphics.com
Registered address: Court Lodge, 105 High Street, Portishead, Bristol BS20 6PT
Epimorphics Ltd. is a limited company registered in England (number 7016688)