Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jon Taylor <jo...@olive.co.uk> on 2001/08/24 16:12:55 UTC

Newbie question re ".war" files

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Tomcat and a designer not a developer so sorry if this is
a dum one, but...

I'm trying to get the Dreamweaver UltraDev TagLib extensions flying with our
Tomcat 3.2.1 install.

I've added 2 ".war" files to the $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps dir as per install
notes but restarting tomcat doesn't affect them and I can't find (yet) any
other info on what I have to do to extract them (they are archives right?).

Any help would save me some grey hairs!

TIA
Jon

FYI
The whole package is from
<http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/ultradev4-doc/intro.html>

__________________________________

Jon Taylor
Creative Director
Olive Systems

e-mail: jon@olive.co.uk

visit our site at www.olive.co.uk

Re: Newbie question re ".war" files

Posted by Richard Draucker <ri...@protected-data.com>.
Yes, .war files are archives.  In fact they use the standard? zip
format.  So, if Tomcat doesn't open them automatically, you can do it
manually with any unzipping program like winzip or gzip.

- Richard